- I. What Is HemoHIM?
- Basic Product Information
- II. What Is In HemoHIM?
- III. What Are the Effects of HemoHIM?
- IV. Who Makes HemoHIM?
What is HemoHIM?
If you search “What is HemoHIM?” on Google, it will tell you that: “HemoHIM is a new substance with special immune function that has been developed from Angelica radix, Chuanxiong Rhizoma, and PaeoniaenAlba Radix through biological engineering and radiation technology.”
HemoHIM is a not a medicine, but a functional health supplement. It serves a special purpose of strengthening your immune system. And the main ingredients are quite exotic: Angelica radix, Chuanxiong Rhizoma, and PaeoniaenAlba Radix. These are herbs cultivated in the clean fields of South Korea, and were widely used in oriental herbal medicines for centuries.
Development of HemoHIM
HemoHIM was the name of a government research project by a team of Ph.D. scientists at Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute (KAERI). The South Korean government proposed the project to create a new substance that will radically increase human immune system to protect its nation’s most valued scientists at KAERI who have much higher chance of getting exposed to radiation. The team tested more than 1,000 different kinds of herbs to create a perfect substance to serve the project’s purpose. It took the team about 8 years and government assistant of more than 5 million dollars. At the finish of the project, the Korean government decided to commercialize the substance to offer it to the general public. Then the project name HemoHIM became the substance/product name.
HemoHIM stands for:
Hemoglobin (Hemoglobin carries oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body where it releases the oxygen to burn nutrients to provide energy to power the functions of the body in metabolism)
Hemopoiesis (the formation of blood)
HemoHIM is patented in the United States as “Herbal composition for improving anticancer activity, immune response and hematopoiesis of the body, and protecting the body from oxidative damage”. (United States Patent 06964785)
HemoHIM US Patent: http://www.directorypatent.com/US/06964785.html
Basic Product Information
(Information Source: http://www.atomy-usa.com/usa/product/hemohim0.asp )
Individually Approved Dietary Supplement
20ml x 60 (1,200ml)
Although the product has been sterilized, keep in a cool place away from moisture and direct sunlight. Consume right immediately after opening.
Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute (KAERI)
Kolmar BNH Co. Ltd. (SBT)
HemoHIM Mixed Herbal Extracts [Angelica Radix/Korea, Chuanxiong Rhizoma/Korea, PaeoniaenAlba Radix/Korea], Aqua, Honey, Glyopexis, Fructo-oligosaccharide, Citric Acid, Guar Gum, Sodium Alginate, Vitamin C, Kelp Meal, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B6 Hydrochloride, Vitamin B1 Hydrochloride, Vitamin B2
One packet (20ml) twice per day, 60 packets in total
When taking HemoHIM
- Cnidium Officinale and Paeonica Japonica may cause allergic reactions
upon intake consumption.
- Not recommended for children under 6 years old.
- Women who are pregnant, nursing, experiencing menstrual irregularity,
or have bleeding disorders should consult a doctor before taking this product.
- Do not take products past the expiration date.
Atomy HemoHIM is recommended for the following people.
- Elders who need energy restoration
- Workers exhausted from long hours
- Students that need physical endurance
- Long-distance drivers
- House-wives worn out from stress of housework
- Athletes who consume a lot of physical energy
% based on daily values
* May help in improvement of immunity. (Physiological Function Level 2)
* This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
II. What Is In HemoHIM?
The three main ingredients of HemoHIM are:
1. Angelicae gigantis Radix: Used for menstrual cramps, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), and menopausal symptoms. It is also used orally as a ”blood purifier”; to manage hypertension, infertility, joint pain, ulcers, “tired blood” (anemia), and constipation; and in the prevention and treatment of allergic attacks. Dong quai is also used orally for the treatment of loss of skin color (depigmentation) and psoriasis.
Angelicae Gigantis Radix regulates mast cell-mediated allergic inflammation in vivo and in vitro.
2. Cnidium officinale Makino:
3. Paeonia japonica Miyabe et Takeda
HemoHIM US Patent: http://www.directorypatent.com/US/06964785.html
1. Preventative effect of an herbal preparation (HemoHIM) on development of airway inflammation in mice via modulation of Th1/2 cells differentiation. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23844220
2. Protective effects of HemoHIM on immune and hematopoietic systems against γ-irradiation. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23595637
3. HemoHIM enhances the therapeutic efficacy of ionizing radiation treatment in tumor-bearing mice. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20136435
4. Screening of anti-obesity agent from herbal mixtures. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22447026
5. HemoHIM ameliorates the persistent down-regulation of Th1-like immune responses in fractionated γ-irradiated mice by modulating the IL-12p70-STAT4 signaling pathway. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22439601
6. Protective effect of an herbal preparation (HemoHIM) on radiation-induced intestinal injury in mice. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20041793
7. HemoHIM improves ovarian morphology and decreases expression of nerve growth factor in rats with steroid-induced polycystic ovaries. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20041792
8. Enhanced antitumor efficacy of cisplatin in combination with HemoHIM in tumor-bearing mice. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19292900
9. Restoration of the immune functions in aged mice by supplementation with a new herbal composition, HemoHIM.
10. Antiinflammatory activity of an herbal preparation (HemoHIM) in rats. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17486680
PMC is a free full-text archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature at the U.S. National Institutes of Health's National Library of Medicine (NIH/NLM).
1. Preventative Effect of an Herbal Preparation (HemoHIM) on Development of Airway Inflammation in Mice via Modulation of Th1/2 Cells Differentiation http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3699527/
2. Enhanced antitumor efficacy of cisplatin in combination with HemoHIM in tumor-bearing mice http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2666758/
3. The Prospective Role of Plant Products in Radiotherapy of Cancer: A Current Overview http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3253585/
4. Hyberbaric oxygen increases atresia in normal & steroid induced PCO rat ovaries http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3395821/
5. Evaluation of Nephroprotective and Immunomodulatory Activities of Antioxidants in Combination with Cisplatin against Murine Visceral Leishmaniasis http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3341342/
6. Protective effect of genistein on radiation-induced intestinal injury in tumor bearing mice http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3671128/
7. Trends in Ginseng Research in 2010 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3659559/
8. Preserved ex vivo inflammatory status and cytokine responses in naturally long-lived mice http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2980596/
PMC Images on HemoHIM